PFNCA Wellness Classes are on break until April 30th. This includes programs led by PFNCA Support Group Specialist Leon Paparella.
- PFNCA Medical Advisory Board Chair Dr. Howard Weiss has prepared important information with you as you think about life during the Pandemic. Click here to learn more.
- We are providing access to videos that you can view at home to help you exercise. Click here to learn more.
- We have moved the 2020 PFNCA Symposium online. Click here to learn more.
- Members of our Medical Advisory Board oversaw the development of a hospitalization guide to assist you if you are hospitalized: Click here for a copy.
- PFNCA Medical Advisory Board Member Dr. Aviva Ellenstein prepared a letter to present if you have to go to a hospital. Click here for a copy.
Other Hospitalization Resources
Covid-19 Emergency Preparedness Form from Form For Life — https://www.folife.org/wp-content/uploads/UPDATE_FOL_COVID19.pdf
Centers for Disease Control — https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
D.C. Government — https://coronavirus.dc.gov/
Virginia Government — https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus-updates/
Maryland Government — https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
The state of Maryland recommends that all its seniors age 65 or older use the Senior Call Check program to receive a daily call to check on your wellbeing as a resource during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Senior Call Check phone lines are open M-F 8 am-5 pm and Saturday 9 am-3 pm. During these hours, seniors can call toll-free 1-866-50-CHECK (1-866-502-0560) and register. More information can be found at https://aging.maryland.gov/Pages/senior-call-check.aspx
Delaware Government — https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/epi/2019novelcoronavirus.html
Managing Anxiety and Stress:
Social Distancing: This is Not a Snow Day
10 tips for staying sane during the COVID-19 crisis
Getting Basic Needs Into Your Home
Delivery Services for Foods and Other Household Items:
Peapod — https://www.peapod.com/
Instacart — https://www.instacart.com/
Montgomery County, Maryland, has compiled a list of grocery stores offering dedicated shopping hours for seniors and people at risk — https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/Resources/Files/COVID19GroceryStores.pdf
The Government of the District of Columbia lists grocery stores that have dedicated shopping hours for seniors and people at risk — https://coronavirus.dc.gov/page/senior-resources
Tools to help you connect with others
Zoom — www.zoom.us
Skype — https://www.skype.com/en/
Facetime (Apple) — https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204380