Since April, PFNCA Wellness Classes have been provided virtually. Learn more at www.pfnca.org.
- PFNCA Medical Advisory Board Chair Dr. Pritha Ghosh has prepared a statement with current information that is relevant to living with Parkinson’s during the pandemic. Click here to learn more. This was originally published November 18th, 2020.
- Former PFNCA Medical Advisory Board Chair Dr. Howard Weiss has prepared important information with you as you think about life during the Pandemic. Click here to learn more. This was originally published March 20, 2020.
- We are providing access to videos that you can view at home to help you exercise. Click here to learn more.
- Members of our Medical Advisory Board oversaw the development of a hospitalization guide to assist you if you are hospitalized: Click here for a copy.
- PFNCA Medical Advisory Board Member Dr. Aviva Ellenstein prepared a letter to present if you have to go to a hospital. Click here for a copy.
Other Hospitalization Resources
Covid-19 Emergency Preparedness Form from Form For Life — https://www.folife.org/wp-content/uploads/UPDATE_FOL_COVID19.pdf
Centers for Disease Control — https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
D.C. Government — https://mayor.dc.gov/
Virginia Government — https://www.virginia.gov/coronavirus-updates/
Maryland Government — https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
The state of Maryland recommends that all its seniors age 65 or older use the Senior Call Check program to receive a daily call to check on your wellbeing as a resource during the COVID-19 global pandemic. Senior Call Check phone lines are open M-F 8 am-5 pm and Saturday 9 am-3 pm. During these hours, seniors can call toll-free 1-866-50-CHECK (1-866-502-0560) and register. More information can be found at https://aging.maryland.gov/Pages/senior-call-check.aspx
Delaware Government — https://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/epi/2019novelcoronavirus.html
Managing Anxiety and Stress:
Getting Basic Needs Into Your Home
Delivery Services for Foods and Other Household Items:
Peapod — https://www.peapod.com/
Instacart — https://www.instacart.com/
Montgomery County, Maryland, has compiled a list of grocery stores offering dedicated shopping hours for seniors and people at risk — https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov
The Government of the District of Columbia lists grocery stores that have dedicated shopping hours for seniors and people at risk — https://coronavirus.dc.gov/page/senior-resources
Tools to help you connect with others
Zoom — www.zoom.us
Skype — https://www.skype.com/en/
Facetime (Apple) — https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204380