- No dates for opening in-person PFNCA Wellness classes yet
- Online classes are continuing via Zoom
- Read on for more
Prior to COVID-19, PFNCA was providing nearly 80 in-person classes each week focusing on exercise and vocal cord strengthening. In response to COVID-19, more than 30 classes are now provided online each week. As local jurisdictions begin to ease COVID-19 restrictions, we are pleased to provide insight into our strategy to resume in-person PFNCA wellness classes. PFNCA is grateful for the opportunity to provide in-person programming at 29 locations in nine counties in Maryland, Virginia as well as in Washington, D.C., Falls Church, VA and Alexandria, VA. This includes support from four churches, eight senior living communities, one medical practice, thirteen fitness organizations, one rehabilitation practice, three hospitals and one community-based organization. Each of these organizations may implement their own policies regarding the re-opening of their facilities.
Prior to resuming in-person PFNCA Wellness Classes, we will:
- Monitor the state and local jurisdiction guidance for the communities we serve relating to gatherings of groups of ten or more and other relevant information.
- Monitor guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) relating to at-risk populations.
- Confer with our Medical Advisory Board
- Confer with representatives of each organization that hosts PFNCA in-person wellness classes.
As such, we expect:
- A period of weeks between when governmental agencies loosen restrictions and when we consider resumption of in-person classes in order for our Medical Advisory Board to evaluate data relating to COVID-19 and high-risk populations.
- Staggered resumption of in-person wellness classes based on local jurisdiction and comfort level of organizations that host classes.
- Continuation of live online PFNCA wellness classes via Zoom for the foreseeable future.